Repack Your Bag
A 10 or 12 day safari with coaching on leadership and mindfulness
Arusha – Lake Eyasi – Ngorongoro Crater Highland- Lake Natron – Mto Wa Mbu – Tarangire National Park or Serengeti Wildpark – Arusha
In cooperation with Tom van Dijck from Leertouwer Van Dijck & U
(organisation-advice, training & coaching)
Personal leadership and development
Technological progress, economical shifts and a longer time of life mean that we will repeatedly have to think over our lives. During this beautiful trip (2 travel days and 8 charging days) you will make your balance: how do I define the “good” life? The safari and the program will help you to weigh everything you are carrying and to let go of unnecessary burdens that are too heavy.
You will get your inspiration from the extraordinary beautiful nature, the local people, fellow participants and facilitators. Suggestions will encourage you to investigate what is really important, questioning essential facts of life, refind your pleasure, check wether the choices you have made are still working for you or that you might be ready for something new. The exercises will make you experience how to make use of the power of the elements. Special ingredients/charging points that can help with this are: the new culture, walking, adventure, relaxation, intensive stillness, away from the beaten tracks, colour, wild animals, standing still, infinite space, beauty, camp fires and meeting indigenous people.
During walking something happens that will make you look differently to yourself and the world. Views will lead to new insights. Walking costs energy, gives energy and brings your inner part in movement. You will start to reflect on things spontaneously, because there are no distractions like tv, email, newpaper and being on the road is a liberation. Sometimes you will walk alone and another time you will have a frank meeting with another participant.
- Connection to nature as a base for powerful leadership
- Reflecting on the heaviness of your bag. What is in it? What can you take out to ease the burden? Is everything you are carrying making you happy?
- Walking and thinking: where do you come from and where do you want to go?
- Enjoying in the here and now
- Taking distance from daily worries and the feeling that you “have to”
- Coming loose from dependencies that are inhibiting powerful leadership
- Giving substance to what is most important for you personally and your business
- Finding energy, power and getting inspired
- Looking for your own power and in this way developping personal leadership
- Experiencing your natural leadership
- Getting to know better your real potentials
Group size and participants
The character of the trip, the destination and the personal attention are – just like the participants – optimal in a small group, with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 10 participants.
- We organize this leadership trail also for (management) teams
All pictures on this webstie are made during previous trips. What you see on the pictures is what you are going to experience.
Tanzania is adventurous, unorganised and wild. Nature is “in charge” and circumstances are challenging. There is no distraction, no internet and during the trekking there is no comfort. The power of nature will serve as a mirror for your development.
We stay in lodges and tents (sleeping under the stars), in an area completely for ourselves.
The investment for this trip is € 5.690,- excluding visum, air fare and tips. The investment is 100% deductable in the Netherlands (check with the tax office of your country). The travel sum is free from VAT, special agreement travel agencies. The air fare from The Netherlands is between € 800,- and € 1.050,-. A visum will cost $ 50,- and can be purchased at Kilimanjaro Airport. Extending your trip with 3 days luxury safari to Serengeti will costs € 1.550 from 2 persons.
Methodology personal leadership
We will work based on your needs and well-tried insights from Theory U by Otto Scharmer; an innovating mix of leadership coaching and mindfulness. Mindfulness contributes to a sensory and nature experience in the present. Because of this, you will be more present in this moment, from where a new perspective can arise on who you are and what your mission is.
Why this personal leadership safari with Mindful Adventure?
- recommended by Lonely Planet, june 2018
- years of travel experience in Tanzania
- an extended network under the local population
- personal and supportive connections with the Masai in Ngorongoro Crater Highlands
- large experience in the field of powerful nature experience, with the help of mindfulness and other meditation techniques
- professional and experienced coaches, both in the field of leadership coaching (Tom van Dijck, Leertouwer van Dijck & U) and mindfulness and other forms of meditation (Alina de Vilder, Mindful Adventure)
- safaris off the beaten track, connected with coaching themes and finding meaning and purpose.
- good informative preparation, flexibel (special wishes) and accessible for all participants
- professional, friendly and service oriented Tanzanian team
- first class ways of transport, Toyota landcruisers and donkeys; every moment in good condition
- great cooks taking care for healthy and tasty meals, prepared under simple conditions
For the trekking we will kick off in Arusha and continue to Lake Eyasi where you can witness the hunt of the Hadzabe tribe (the last bushmen). The landscape and hunting experience will directly bring you in touch with wild nature and your roots.
The five day hike through Ngorongoro
The heart of the “Repack your Bag” safari is formed by the five day hike through Ngorongoro Crater Highlands to the famous Lake Natron. During your travel every day a different kind of landscape will be shown to you. You will walk through an imploded crater with a mountain chain on your righthand and endless space in front of you, along Masai villages, through rainforest with ancient trees, over friendly and sunny hills, along crater lakes, Great Rift Valley with breathtaking views, through acacia forests and desert landscape. Everything you need to do is to accept this gift of nature and enjoy it.
The flamingos in Lake Natron
After this hike, you will stay for a night in Lake natron, where the largest flaming colony is hatching and living in an almost surrealistic landscape. On the way to the lake you have great chance to encounter a group of Giraffes, Zebra or even Camels. After Natron you will return to the modern world, hopefully with a repacked bag.
Extension three day luxury safari in Serengeti
Een reis naar Tanzania is niet compleet zonder een dag naar een wildpark. Daarom bezoeken we, na afronding van het leiderschap programma, op de laatste dag Tarangire Nationaal Park. Het is echter mogelijk om Tarangire te vervangen door een driedaagse tour in het beroemdste wildpark ter wereld, Serengeti.
Na een schitterende tocht door het westelijk deel van Ngorongoro Krater Hoogland kun je nog diezelfde dag genieten van een game drive; met open dak rondrijden tussen alle wilde dieren.
Je slaapt twee nachten in Kiota Luxury Tented Camp. En geloof maar dat het opwindend is om middenin de nacht wakker te worden van een brullende leeuw, jankende hyena’s of grazende zebra’s naast je tent. Aan het eind van dag 3 vlieg je via Kilimanjaro naar huis terug. Je safari heeft daarmee 12 dagen geduurd in plaats van 10 dagen.